Steel Plinth™ infill boards sit neatly under your GramLine® fence providing a neat clean finish that prevents weeds or unwanted debris from entering your yard. Introduced by GramLine® in 2004, Steel Plinth™ fills in those unsightly gaps.
- Available in the full GramLine® Steel Privacy Fencing Colour Range
- Manufactured by GramLine® using Quality Tested and Certified Prepainted Hi-Tensile ColorSealed® coated steel. Look for the Steel Plinth™ brand for your assurance of quality.
- Patented in Australia and across the world – examples include patents AU2004291566 and US10/580348.
Steel Plinth™ uses include
- Weed wall applications
- Retaining wall applications
- Raised garden bed applications
Weed Wall Applications
- Steel Plinth™ slows down weeds, prevents, rubbish dirt, grass and even snakes from entering your backyard or property from under the steel privacy fence.
- The Steel Plinth™ fits under the bottom SlimLine™ rail and inside the SmartPost® and SlimLine™ channel posts of your GramLine® steel privacy fence.
- Why have timber sleepers or toxic copper-chrome-arsenate treated timber logs when you can have a Steel Plinth™ that finishes and matches your steel privacy fence superbly.
Retaining Wall Applications
Steel Plinth™ can be built up as a retaining wall to a height of 600mm, which equates to 5 lapped plinths. The SmartPost® or SlimLine™ channel posts may need to be re-enforced and the depth plus diameter of the concrete may need to be increased, depending on the height of the wall to be constructed.
The GramLine® Plinth Retaining Wall has been certified and tested by an independent Structural Engineering firm. Click to view Plinth Retaining Wall Certification
If you require further technical advice please contact our sales team.
GramLine® Steel Plinth™ Retaining Walls should be back filled with blue metal to create good water drainage.
Steel Plinth™ Retaining Wall Height Chart
Raised Garden Bed Applications
Steel Plinth™ can be built up as a raised garden bed. This is a great idea for home vegetable gardens. The raised beds create a natural barrier against weeds, they promote good drainage, and they improve the ease of planting, weeding, harvesting and maintaining the garden.
- 155mm high x 2365mm long
- 155mm high x 2710mm long
- Made from Quality Tested and Certified Prepainted Hi-Tensile ColorSealed® coated steel.
- Double Sided Colour.
- 0.8mm Base Metal Thickness.
- Available in the full GramLine® Colour range