Plain English Fencing Warranty
GramLine® Steel Privacy Fencing Plain English 10yr Warranty
The benefits under our warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies under the law. Gram Engineering Pty Ltd, trading as GramLine®, was established over 30 years ago and is the market leader in the manufacture of Steel Privacy Fencing solutions made from Prepainted Hi-Tensile Steel.
GramLine® warrants that the GramLine® Steel Privacy Fencing supplied is manufactured from prime quality material and will be structurally fit for its intended purpose. Gramline® Steel Privacy Fencing is further warranted to have a life prior to perforation by weathering in the natural elements of 10 years from the date of installation. GramLine® offers this warranty in the knowledge that the products it uses are uncompromised for quality.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund of a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
What you can be assured of with your GramLine® Steel Privacy Fence
- Made from Quality, Certified, Tested Prepainted Hi-Tensile Steel.
- The ZigZag® infill sheets comply to AS 1397, AZ 150 coating class.
- It will not perforate in natural conditions for a period of 10 years.
- The paint surface will not flake or peel (i.e. delaminate) for a period of ten years.
- All of our Steel Privacy Fencing is Quality Inspected prior to despatch
All Genuine GramLine® Steel Privacy Fencing components – i.e. the Posts, Rails, Infill Sheets, Lattice and Plinths are branded with the GramLine® Brand. For peace of mind, always ensure your products are GramLine® Branded. This warranty is only applicable to GramLine® branded product.
What you need to check to ensure your GramLine® Warranty is not voided:
- The GramLine® Steel Privacy Fence paint finish as supplied must not be scratched, abraded, damaged in any way, or coated with any other paints or incompatible material. The use of touch up paints over the supplied painted finish is not recommended.
- Your GramLine® Steel Privacy Fence must be regularly maintained. This means that any areas unwashed by exposure to rain are hosed with water and that debris caught in the posts and rails or against the infill panels, is removed. We recommend this be done at least every 6 months. Your fence must not be washed with pool, ground, or bore water.
- The warranty does not apply when your Gramline® Steel Privacy Fence is installed within 1 kilometre of a marine or corrosive industrial environment.
- Installation must be in accordance with the GramLine® installation guide and fasteners must comply with Australian Standard AS3566.2 2002, Table 2.1, Class 3 or Class 4.
- The warranty to perforation does not apply when your GramLine® Steel Privacy Fence or its components are transformed by incorporation or modification into another product nor when the components are transformed by welding.
Your GramLine® Steel Privacy Fence must not come into contact with any pool or garden chemicals, fertilisers, salts, acidic soil or imcompatible metals such as copper and lead.
- All paint finishes fade and lose gloss as a result of natural weathering. Dark colours will generally show more fading than light colours. Gramline® Steel Privacy Fences are manufactured with high durability paint, however Gram cannot warrant against natural fading or loss of gloss of the paint finish.
GramLine®, at its discretion, shall be liable for
- The cost of replacement product;
- The cost of obtaining equivalent product or;
- The cost of having affected product repaired – whichever is the lowest
GramLine® will not be liable for
- The cost of making a claim
- Natural weathering of the paint including a reduction in gloss or a change in the colour of the paint finish over time
- Paint flaking and peeling arising from paint blistering, white corrosion product or red rust
- Labour costs associated with the rectification of the affected product
- The cost of components not supplied by GramLIne®.
- Injury to persons, damage to property, or consequential losses arising from the use of our products.
DON’T FORGET – LOOK FOR THE GRAMLINE® BRAND IT IS YOUR PEACE OF MIND KNOWING THAT WITH YOUR QUALITY GRAMLINE® FENCE – “The GOOD side is BOTH sides.”
To initiate a claim under this Warranty, contact Gramline® on 1800 472654 visit our showroom at 16-22 Cullen Place, Smithfield, 2164. You must register your claim within 1 month of first noticing a problem, or within 1 month of when you reasonably would have first noticed a problem. You must provide your tax invoice from your supplier or installer. Gramline® requires the right to inspect the premises at which the Gramline® Steel Privacy Fence has been erected and conduct tests after a claim is made under this Warranty to determine the cause of the issue.
This Warranty is given in lieu of any other considerations or warranties, whether written or implied to the extent that any statute applicable to this warranty prevents the exclusion restrictions or modification of such conditions or warranties.