Plain English SmartSlat® Warranty
GramLine® SmartSlat® Plain English Warranty
The benefits under our warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies under the law. Gram Engineering Pty Ltd, trading as GramLine®, was established over 40 years ago and is the market leader in the manufacture of Steel Privacy Fencing solutions made from Prepainted Hi-Tensile Steel.
SmartSlat® is manufactured from prime quality steel. GramLine® warrant that SmartSlat®will be free from perforation by weathering in the natural elements for 5 years. GramLine® offers this warranty in the knowledge that the products it uses are uncompromised for quality.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund of a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
What you can be assured of is that your GramLine® SmartSlat® product:
- Is manufactured from Quality, Certified, and Tested Prepainted Steel.
- The GramLine® SmartSlat® complies with AS 1397, AZ 150 coating class.
- Will not perforate in natural conditions for a period of 5 years.
- The paint surface will not flake or peel (i.e. delaminate) for a period of 5 years.
- All of our products are Quality Inspected prior to dispatch.
What you need to check to ensure your warranty is not voided:
- The SmartSlat® paint finish as supplied must not be scratched, abraded, damaged in any way, or coated with any other paints or incompatible material. The use of touch up paints over the as supplied painted finish is not recommended.
- Your GramLine® SmartSlat®must be regularly maintained.This means that it is hosed with water. We recommend this be done at regular intervals. Your fence must not be washed with pool, ground, or bore water.
- Installation must be in accordance with good building practices and where applicable, GramLine® installation guidelines; fasteners must comply with Australian Standard AS3566.2 2002, Table 2.1, Class 3 or better.
- The warranty to perforation does not apply if your SmartSlat® product is installed within 1 kilometre of a marine* or corrosive industrial environment.
- The warranty does not apply when your SmartSlat® or its components are transformed by incorporation or modification into another product or when the components are transformed by welding.
- Your SmartSlat® must not come into contact with any pool or garden chemicals, fertilisers, salts, acidic or salty soil or incompatible metals such as copper and lead.
- All paint finishes fade and lose gloss as a result of natural weathering. Dark colours will generally show more fading than light colours. SmartSlat® is manufactured with high durability paint, however Gram cannot warrant against natural fading or loss of gloss of the paint finish.
GramLine®, at its discretion, shall be liable for:
- The cost of replacement product or;
- The cost of obtaining equivalent product or;
- The cost of having affected product repaired.
GramLine® will not be liable for:
- The cost of making a claim.
- Natural weathering of the paint including a reduction in gloss or a change in the colour of the paint finish over time.
- Paint flaking and peeling arising from paint blistering, white corrosion product or red rust.
- Labour costs associated with the rectification of the affected product.
- The cost of components not supplied by GramLine®.
- Injury to persons, damage to property, or consequential losses arising from the use of our products.
DON’T FORGET – LOOK FOR THE GRAMLINE® BRAND. IT IS YOUR PEACE OF MIND KNOWING THAT OUR PRODUCTS ARE MADE ARE QUALITY TESTED
To initiate a claim under this Warranty, contact GramLine on 1800 472654 visit our showroom at 16-22 Cullen Place, Smithfield, 2164. You must register your claim within 1 month of first noticing a problem, or within 1 month of when you reasonably should have first noticed a problem. You must provide your tax invoice from your supplier or installer. GramLine requires the right to inspect the premises at which the GramLine® SmartSlat®product has been erected and conduct tests after a claim is made under this Warranty to determine the cause of the issue.
This Warranty is given in lieu of any other considerations or warranties whether written or implied to the extent that any statute applicable to this warranty prevents the exclusion restrictions or modification of such conditions or warranties.